The APS Office of Education (OE) is currently seeking a member to serve on its board for a three-year term, with the position starting in August 2018. The mission of the APS Office of Education (OE) is to promote plant pathology curricula, and support the educational development of plant pathologists and those interested in plant pathology through a variety of APS initiatives. The OE is broadly defined to include all aspects of current and future education needs of APS. The student will gain valuable experience as a full voting and participating member. It is important the student member attend the OE “mid-year” meeting typically held for two days in December at APS headquarters in MN (all travel expenses for the “mid-year” meeting is paid for by OE).
To be considered for the position, we require the student:
· Be a student member of APS and be more than one year into MS or PhD program.
· Submit a one-page letter stating:
1. Why the student wants to join the OE board
2. Interest in educational programs for APS members and ideas for activities that APS should be considering as part of its educational offerings
3. Confirmation of ability to attend the OE “mid-year” meeting
· Submit a letter of support from a major advisor—please mention support for attendance by the student at the mid-year OE meetings
For consideration, submit your statement of interest, along with faculty support letter to OE Director Tom Mitchell (email@example.com) by February 26, 2018. Questions? Email or call Mitchell at +1.614.292.1728. The OE will review submitted materials and decide on the appointment by the end of March.